If you are unfamiliar with the internet gambling laws of your city, state, or country, there are several ways that you can inquire.
- Payment methods and online gambling restrictions
- Online casino support
- Government laws and restrictions
- Updated industry news
Different casino types
Previously Required Knowledge
Since the advent of the internet, online casinos have grown in popularity at a staggering rate. Anyone with an access to a computer and an internet connection is a potential player for online casinos.
There are a few key points a player has to look for as to be 100% sure he can gamble online without any legal implications:
- Check the country’s online gambling law
- Check the nature of the prohibition (local operators on international operators)
- Check the “restricted territories” section of your desired Casino
Check your government’s laws regarding internet gambling
Every government will have a website at which you can perform a simple search and receive information on laws regarding your topic. Just type “government” and your country’s name in a search database such as Google or Yahoo in order to receive the address. Alternatively, contact your city council for further contact information. Sometimes there is even a customer service operator that can be contacted by phone or email with such inquiries.
Ask your online casino what’s legal
Online casinos are the most updated when it comes to internet gambling laws. All reputable online casinos offer 24 hour support services for its members, and contact details for information and other inquiries. Do not hesitate to get on the phone and ask one of their operators, or write them an email. You can be sure they know what they’re talking about.
Verify internet gambling restrictions with your bank
If any law restricting internet gambling has been implemented in your country or state, national banks are sure to be informed. This is because they handle several forms of online payment methods, such as credit cards, e-cheque, and other transaction services to online casinos. The customer service department will usually be able to tell you if such transactions are lawful or not, which will be a good indicator as to what the legality of internet gambling in your area is.
Read online gambling news sites for any changes
All updated daily/weekly news sites for online gambling industry news will announce any major or minor changes made to laws as they occur. If you have a rough idea of what your area’s laws are, yet are not sure, this will probably be able to clear it up.
- Even after verifying what the laws are in your location, make sure you stay informed regularly by reading industry news, even the smallest modification to a law can affect you directly.
- The good news to all the above is that since gambling operations commenced online, there has not been a single report of an individual imprisoned for accessing online casinos.
Whether you are a casual or frequent online gambler, it is important to always stay updated with such issues, as they are ever-changing.